Hazen Highlights‎ > ‎

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

posted Jan 26, 2016, 5:17 AM by Jodi Quinn   [ updated Jan 27, 2016, 5:38 AM ]

3D Animation Art Club TODAY!  The new 3D Animation Art Club will meet today, Tuesday, at 2:45 PM in Mr. Salmin's room.  

Vermont National Guard to Visit:  A representative from the Vermont Army National Guard will be available to meet with interested juniors and seniors on Wednesday, January 27, from 10 to 10:30 AM in the Library.  Please sign up in the Guidance Office so that we can schedule you in Enriching Students during support block 1.

Flip Schedule on Friday:  The daily schedule will flip on Friday, January 29, to accommodate students participating in the Ski and Ride trip.  The schedule will run 4, 3, 2, 1.  

GMTCC Applications Are Now Available:  Green Mountain Technology and Career Center applications are now available on-line for the 2016-2017 school year.  There is a separate application process for the Pre-Tech program for prospective 10th grade students.  New in 2016-2017:GMTCC will offer an Agriculture and Forestry Foundations course available to 9th and 10th grade Hazen Union students only.  See Mr. Miller in Guidance for more details for any GMTCC program.

Ski and Ride Trip this Week:  Students planning to attend the Ski and Ride trip to Stowe on Friday should sign up before the end of school on Tuesday outside of Ms. Foster's room.

School Choice Applications:  School Choice applications for the 2016-2017 school year are now available.  Applications from students residing in the Hazen Union School district are due to the HUS Guidance Office preferably by February 18th so that we can meet the Winooski Valley Collarborative's deadline before Winter Break.  For more information, please contact Ann Laporte at 472-2196 or visit the Guidance page of the Hazen Union website (select Guidance tab, then Parent Information page).

Parking Decals are In: The Hazen 2015-16 Parking Permits are in! Students who plan to drive to school and park in the Hazen parking lot should get an Application to Drive Vehicles on School Property form from the Information carousel in front of the Guidance Office. See Mrs. Quinn in the Principal's Office if you have a permit from last year and the same car. Those students will not need to fill out a new form but should pick up a new decal.